The best way to find yourself and your gift is to lose yourself in the service of others – Ghandi.
Service doesn’t have to be something huge and extraordinary. It can be a random act of kindness to the person next to you on the train, your neighbour, a stranger on the street, your partner, your family, anyone you come into contact with today, tomorrow or next week.
How do you discover you gift?
- Practise more solitude – spending time in solitude helps you be present to your own presence.
- Practise more silence – spend time in silence every day, even if you start with a few minutes at a time. For it is through silence that you will hear the whispers of your heart, its melodies and cadences.
- Be around nature – the universe is speaking all the time and when we connect/reconnect with nature we are open to conversations with our higher self, our source.
- Pay attention to what you love – what you love evolves as you do. And it gives clues to your heart’s desires.
- ASK yourself questions and LISTEN for the answers. This is how you then become receptive. It is important to ask quality/positive questions rather than negative/disempowering ones. How can I serve others rather than why can’t I figure this out?
Ask empowering questions like:
- What gift is trying to emerge?
- What power is trying to be conscious of itself as me?
- How can I be more myself?
- How can I activate my potential?
Who I am is an emerging possibility.
Now LISTEN, stop and listen, be silent and listen, open your heart and listen.
If you want to create a positive environment for your gifts to flow through you, give energy to the things you like and take energy away from the things you don’t like. Use the words that encourage you and others around you, because we create as we speak.
There are some things you can’t get to through your mind, that you can only get through your heart. So, it is important to open your heart and listen to its song. Listen to how the notes resonate and the beautiful symphony that is being composed.
Every individual has a responsibility to humanity. A responsibility to share our heart vibration out to the world. We must start by healing our relationships with ourselves and with others, by healing past traumas and by aligning ourselves with positive energy and frequency.
We create our own reality by deciding what to focus on – we have a choice. So, what are you deciding to focus on? How about focusing on love, on compassion, on being of service? Focusing on making an impact in the world, being the change, we want to see in the world?
You know you’ve found your gift:
- When things begin to feel effortless.
- When your heart sings through your expression into the world.
- When you feel joy and fulfilment.
- When you feel connected with who you truly are.
When you come alive and want to share yourself with the world. Open your heart, for there is no one else like you and no one else who can do You better than You! The world deserves your gift and that’s why you have one – to leave your mark in this world, so go do you!
*With thanks to Antoine Cotton for his piano compositions.
Once you’ve listened to this episode, I’d love to hear from you.
Let me know your biggest takeaway in the comments below!
Thank you for adding your voice to the conversation. This community is powerful, supportive and forever learning and growing because of you.